Sunday, June 26, 2022

Tear Drop From Heaven

My frustrations knew no bound in the past over a month – talking and discussing and blogging on this matter relating to the soon-to-be-enacted “Tourism Levy Bill of Bhutan 2022”. I have spoken to industry players, hotel owners, guides, tour operators and friends - in Bhutan and abroad. Every passing day my heart has been sinking at the apparent futility of my endeavors that has been nothing short of blistering.

To be frank, I do not know why I am so bothered – whichever way the Bill goes, I will not be in the least bit impacted. Thus, this morning I decided I had enough taking on the world’s burden on my shoulders – I decided to go chasing birds – the feathered variety ofcourse.

…………. And what a bounty! I landed a “lifer” – a bird that I had never seen in my life before - let alone photograph it! The bird is called Tickell’s Thrush (Turdus unicolor).


Perhaps the Gods in heaven feel sorry for my ongoing angst. Perhaps they are rewarding me with a new bird – to bolster my spirit that has been down in the dumps.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing left to do now is to watch the birds and count the crows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zo yay mahay zum bay!
    Just like the buffalo waiting for the yak to return with salt from Tibet. We are FUCKED!!!

    ReplyDelete