Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Death of an Iconic Photographer

-->Prabuddha Dasgupta was one of India’s most celebrated fashion photographers. He died of a heart attack on 12th of this month, on his way to the airport after a photo shoot near Mumbai. He would have been only 56 years old next month.

I never met the great photographer but I was due to play host to his maiden visit to Bhutan sometime this year. I was informed of the planned visit by his wife, Tania Dasgupta – a much sought after book designer based in Delhi. She designed my book “Bhutan Birds”.

I have been robbed of a lifetime opportunity to meet a photographer of immense talent. And, Bhutan missed the opportunity of being photographed by an unconventional visualizer.

The Ministry of Culture, Government of India is hosting a Memorial Meeting in honor of the great photographer on August 25th 2012. I will not be able to attend it but I take this opportunity to offer my condolences to his wife and two daughters.


1 comment:

  1. He is the one who shot the controversial black and white (nude) of Milind Soman and Madhu Sapre some years ago? Such a young age to be leaving and so suddenly; just a reminder of how life can be snuffed out at any time...RIP Prabhuda...

    ReplyDelete