Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Containing My Passion

On my way to a meeting early yesterday morning, my eldest daughter took a ride with me - on her way to her office. Out of the blue she popped me a question:

“Dad, do you have any regrets in life?”

“Absolutely NONE!”

“So you lived your life well?”

“That I do not know - but I lived it to the fullest?”

“So, why don’t you write a book on your life?”

“Are you NUTS? It would run into hundreds of volumes?”

“Keep it short, tey.”

“Are you kidding me? My story would have to begin at the beginning - as a man all of 7 years of age.”

“Meaning since the time you can remember”.

No, since the time I took on the role of a man!

I have no idea what prompted my daughter to ask me the question but it set off a chain of thoughts in my mind. One thought that prevailed over all others was that I needed to contain my PASSION. Passion is good - but NOT when it verges on consuming your very soul.

So I have decided to take a “TIME OUT”. I will give it a break for a while on blogging on matters related to tourism. For the next few days, I will focus on another of my passions - history of Bhutan’s coining journey.

Until I return on the subject of tourism - feast your eyes on the following haunting image - it ought to tug at your heartstrings.

A face worth US$2.5 million?

Am I giving up on tourism? NOT BY A LONG SHOT!! See the following WhatsApp Chat Record:

My WhatsApp Chat record with a friend on Saturday; 8th April, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment