Tuesday, March 5, 2019

PHPA I Seeks Divine Intervention

Incredulous, a friend of mine in the US wrote to me a while ago, as follows:

Yeshey —

Is this for real? Divine intervention sought at PHPA1?

http://www.kuenselonline.com/phpa-i-seeks-divine-intervention/

PHPA I seeks divine intervention

My reply to her:

Hahaha .... basic human nature..... when everything fails, they turn to God for deliverance.

Bye and take care ..... I posted my article on Druk Air ... I will be doing few more.
-------------------------------------

For the past 4-5 years, I have been asking for the shutting-down of the doomed PHPA I project, to no avail. Now it seems like the Project authorities have nothing else left to do - other than seek help from God, to prevent it from falling.

Global warming is real - the kind of snow we have seen this year has never been seen before, not in a long, long time. Personally I like it - it is good. It is good for the farmers, it is good for restocking the depleted ice deposits on the high mountain peaks that are beginning to look naked. This will translate into more water to  turn the turbines of our many hydropower projects. But I fear that there is a clear warning here.

What kind of monsoon are we likely to have? Are we going to see unprecedented flooding? Are we going to see massive landslides? Are our roads and bridges going to be washed away? Are communities going to be disconnected for long periods of time?

Are we preparing for such eventualities? Does the Department of Disaster Management have the wherewithal to handle calamities at such scale?

I think this is a time to be wary.

No comments:

Post a Comment