Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Offering Gratitude During This National Gratitude Month

During this National Gratitude Month, early this morning, on behalf of the Bhutanese people, I mailed out 28 mails of gratitude to donors around the world who have made a difference in the lives of the Bhutanese people.
.................................................................................................................

Hi …………… ,

Good Morning and Greetings from Bhutan.

It has been a long, long while since we have been in touch. The reason as you know is because I have resigned from the Rotary and I make a concerted effort to keep away from anything related to the Rotary - lest I get drawn back in. Regardless, what remains vivid in my mind is the numerous good works done by the Rotary institution for my country and people, and the tireless and hardworking people who helped accomplish those life-altering projects of hope and deliverance.

Thank you for your giving - we remain grateful.

Among those people I remember and honor is: YOU - you rank among the top whose selfless work has helped bring ease and relief to thousands of people in Bhutan - both in urban dwellings as well as in remote rural homes. The life perpetuating medical devices you helped donate continue to pump fluids of life inside the bodies of hundreds of clueless Bhutanese beneficiaries; emergency service delivery at Bhutan's premier hospital has never been more competent or efficient.

I hope that you and your family are keeping well and safe. We are all safe and secured here in Bhutan.

Once again, on behalf of the people of Bhutan, please accept my appreciation for your generosity. Please know that we remain ever indebted to you, and, during this National Month of Gratitude, I offer you our THANKS and GRATITUDE.

It is my hope that you would some day soon make it back to Bhutan - your guide still marbles at the fact that you actually made it to Taktsang Monastery top, despite your age. She hopes to be able to help you trudge up the trail, once again.

Bye and take care ... Please do not forget to convey MY VERY BEST to your wife and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment