Friday, January 21, 2022

My Life's Second QUOTA

This is the second time in my life that I am being served a “QUOTA”. The first time was in 1979 when I became eligible for a car quota. But I had no means to afford a car although a Toyota Corona sedan those days cost only Nu.68,000.00. Fortunately people those days had their ethics and morality intact – we did not sell our car quota in the black market, as is now the national culture.

This time round it is the venerable Kuensel that is awarding me a QUOTA. For the consideration of an annual subscription fee of Nu.2,000.00, the Kuensel has been generous to allow me access to the digital version of their daily newspaper. But I was clueless that the right of access came with a daily quota - five times a day. Anything in access of that and I get the boot! See the following:

First Log-in

Second Log-in

Third Log-in

Fourth Log-in

Fifth Log-In

Sixth and Final Log-in

As you can see from the above history of my attempts, the first time I logged in to read the paper was at 5.27AM. The paper was not uploaded.

My second try was at 5.43AM – the paper was still not uploaded.

My third attempt was at 5.58AM – sill no luck - the paper was still missing.

For the fourth time I logged in to see if the paper was uploaded – at precisely 6.22AM. I was happy to see that the paper was finally uploaded. PHEW!!!

Sadly, I had failed to notice that my right of access was diminishing regressively, every time I attempted to log in to read the paper.

Consequently, on my fifth attempt at 6.23AM, I was sternly notified that I had exhausted my day’s QUOTA.

I made a sixth attempt anyway - to re-read the Kuensel at 7.04AM, I was unceremoniously shown the door – the message was clear: YOU HAVE LOGGED IN MORE THAN FIVE TIMES TODAY. TRY TOMORROW!

So much for my troubles ….. and money!

Something that I realized is that if I had attempted to log in five times before the Kuensel decided to upload the day's paper, I would have been barred from reading the paper for the day.

When this LOCKDOWN is lifted, I want to visit the good Samaritans at the Kuensel and find out:

1.  The reason behind the limited access to the paper when I have paid in full the asking price.
2.  Why the world has to wait for Kuensel to break their slumber – they ought to know that there are people who start work early.

2 comments:

  1. Sir, Kuensel (PDF) version is uploaded after 7AM each day! So I don't log in before 7 in the morning. Probably a marketing strategy I guess.

    Thank you for the regular updates on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ..... but that is a strange way o treat the readers.

      Delete