Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Thank You, Again and Again

A friend in Portugal who is an officer working in the Portuguese government’s taxation department writes me a mail yesterday which reads as follows - upon being informed that I am resigning from the Rotary institution – not just the Rotary Club of Thimphu:

Hey,

I hope it has been a fulfilling task and I’m sure you’re leaving it better than you encountered it. I expect you to get some rest and pay a visit to this marvellous sunny country now that you have the time.

Certainly I am leaving behind a Club that is a much better and more buoyant institution – as I depart at the end of this month. Even going beyond the Club, I am leaving my footprint at The Rotary Foundation:


My last act at the cusp of my departure from this great institution – is to give back to The Foundation a small contribution – as a mark of THANK YOU for the millions it has given to Bhutan and the Bhutanese people. Even beyond that, it is my way of offering Ngendah to an institution that I believe makes a difference at a global scale.

If there is any such thing as a House of God, The Rotary Foundation is one such House.

No comments:

Post a Comment