Monday, January 31, 2022

Yet Another Lifer

Yesterday was yet another day of windfall – I got one more “lifer” – my third this month. This is incredible luck!

One birder in the areas where I live informed me that the beautiful Eurasian Woodcock (Scolopax rusticola) was resident in the areas. Thus I was parked with my camera gear – inside the bush waiting for the bird. I waited for three hours – no sign of the bird. I was about to give up and head home for a rest. Then I saw it – a beautifully shaped female bird - Bo Derek personified!!

I took a careful look and I realized that the beauty was yet another "lifer" for me – a female of the White-browed Bush Robin (Tarsiger indicus). Forget photographing it – I had never before seen the bird in my life.

Thus began the marathon chase. At the end of another three hours of playing cat and mouse, I finally nailed the beauty. In the following, I pair my third "lifer" with her male counterpart.

My third life bird of the month - a PERFECT 10 - like Bo Derek

I personally believe that this bird is the best shaped of all the birds I have photographed so far – look at the symmetry of the body – beautifully curved and voluptuous – not a feather out of place.

Today, and many more days after today, I will devote my time to acquiring the image of the Woodcock until it is in the bag - because it too will be a lifer for me. I hope I am lucky enough to be able to present you the bird - when I finally nail it, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment